[K12OSN] EL5 K12LTSP

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Feb 8 16:50:08 UTC 2008

Doug Simpson wrote:
> SuuhhhWWEEETTTT!! I'll try that method!
>
> Just put the ISO files in the nfs-available directory?

Yes - you can boot from either the first install CD  with 'linux
askmethod' at the boot prompt, or you can make a usb boot disk with the
diskboot.image drive or a CD from the boot.iso file in the images
directory of the first install iso.  There is also a pxe boot that
probably wouldn't be hard to stick into a k12lsp setup using a MAC
address to control the machine that gets it.

Even if you have a local CD drive, the nfs install approach is much
faster that having to swap in the CDs.

--
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com