[K12OSN] New SmartBoard and Edubuntu...I'm truly impressed!

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Fri Feb 8 17:42:58 UTC 2008

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> I have yet to see anything done with a smartboard benefiting the
> educational process that can't be done more broadly and actively with
> Linux thin clients and a collaborative workspace like fl_teachertool.

Then you haven't seen students giving presentations utilizing the
extensive toolsets in the smartboard software, and pulling OTHER
students out of the classroom to assist them with their
INTERACTIVE(being the key word) presentation to the entire class.

rather than sitting at an isolated desk/computer terminal watching their
screens as if they were on the sofa at home watching T.V.

--Huck