[K12OSN] Experience with a thin client server connection gettingthrottled?

Steven Santos steven at simplycircus.com
Tue Feb 12 03:02:21 UTC 2008

I hated these boxes, but they can do what you want.  How they do it will
depend on the version of FortiNet they are using, but in a nutshell, it is
controlled by both the packet shaping module and the firewall module.

You will need to create a firewall policy for your specific machine - if
possible, start by copying the existing global policy as a starting point,
otherwise, do your best.  With that new policy created, select packet
shaping (I think, it might be traffic shaping...) and make adjustments for
the bandwidth (measure your bandwidth with the system set to bypass, and
then set it to a high multiple of that).

Good luck (you will need it!)

----

Steven Santos
Director, Simply Circus, Inc.