[K12OSN] Making Centos 5.1-i386 K12LTSP compliant

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Thu Feb 14 05:54:21 UTC 2008

I haven't yet tried this, so YMMV.  Standard liability disclaimers
apply, so try this on a test box first.  Any ol' box with CentOS 5 on it
ought to do.

Make the file /etc/yum.repos.d/k12ltsp.repo,  and put the following in it:

---------- CUT HERE ------------
k12ltsp]
name=K12LTSP
mirrorlist=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/mirrors/k12ltsp-4.2EL-32bit
gpgkey=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP-GPG-KEY
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

---------- CUT HERE ------------

Permissions on this file are 644 on my system, with owner root:root.  Of
course, 664 would be fine as well.  My intuition says that even 600
should be fine.

Then, try "yum update" and see how things go.  This is the same process
for adding the RPMForge repositories on CentOS 5, and thus, I'd figure
the same would apply to any other "3rd-party" repository like the
K12LTSP one.

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate