[K12OSN] Disk image

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Feb 14 20:12:50 UTC 2008

Edward Holcroft wrote:
> I created an image of my old wiki server using Clonezilla, which also
> ssh'd the image onto another server. Now I want to restore the image to
> my new server. Problem is the image was created as /dev/hda and the new
> server is /dev/sda. Clonezilla doesn't provide an obvious way of
> changing the device name in the interface.
>
> Any ideas on how to tackle this?

I think if you look in the directory where clonezilla stored the image
you'll find a file with the device name in an obvious form - or you can
hand-create the partitions and tell clonezilla to restore partitions
instead of the disk.  However, the bigger problem is that to boot from a
scsi disk you need the appropriate driver module included in your initrd
image.  There are ways to do this, but it might be easier to do a clean
install and copy the content you need to keep over.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com