[K12OSN] Network unreachable.

Accessys@smart.net accessys at smart.net
Fri Feb 15 03:09:54 UTC 2008

this is the part that bugs me.  it is fixed and I don't have a clue
what I did.  I took out the second ethernet card the one that formerly
was working. rebooted the computer and restarted the router and it is
working???

you see I'm not really a newbie at this, been running linux personally
since Red Hat 6 or so about 8 years.  I have every one of the books
you mention and spent at least a day on google, blackle, and yahoo not
to mention a couple linux forums before I scream for help

what bugs the dickens out of me is when the problem is intermittent
and I can't figure out why.    Networking is new, not Linux. and I
know I have personally given out or set up 100's of systems.

and I still say the same, if there is a book out there for the mid
level semi skilled hacker I haven't found it.  O'Rielly writes some
good books but he doesn't write em for the non professional hacker.
somewhere someone will write one for the person who understands how it
works but doesn't do it all day every day but needs to troubleshoot
and keep a system running, like a school teacher who has to actually
teach classes on the side, has a family and a life.  I just want to be
able to look up an error code, find out what it means and how to fix
it.

thanks though
Bob

   .NO HTML/PDF/RTF/MIME in e-mail. . . . . . . accessys at smartnospam.net