[K12OSN] [K12LTSP] Problems with Sound

Joe Korzeniewski jkorzeni at battle-creek.k12.mi.us
Thu Feb 21 15:19:54 UTC 2008

Devry,

That message means that your sound card is not detected. If you are using an ISA sound card, you will need to specify the SMODULE_01 lines in lts.conf (they are commented).

-Joe

>>> "Devry Lin" <devrylin.thesageinblack at gmail.com> 02/18/08 8:17 PM >>>
Hi, Thanks for all the help last time and now I am writing this on a client
machine..
There has been tests on this lab.. and sound is missing from the clients..

I boot the client and login with an account that uses KDE.. when it starts
it shows up this:

Sound server information message:
Error while initilizing the sound server:
device /dev/dsp can't be opened (permission denied)
The sound driver will continue, using the null output device.

and there was nothing to be heard from the clients... Tried the internet..
didn't help me too much.

What should I look for to fix this?

Devry Lin