[K12OSN] Mass remote login to computer lab systems

Eric Brown ericbrow at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 20:44:20 UTC 2008

> On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 15:02 -0500, "Terrell Prudé Jr." wrote:
>
> > What I haven't yet figured out yet is how to get such people to be
> > willing to learn the tool, like kids do.  This is one of our biggest
> > roadblocks to furthering K12LTSP and Free Software in general.  Ideas,
> > anyone?
>
> Link promotions and pay increases to performance enhancing technology
> proficiency testing devised by the tech geeks like us. When the ego is
> slapped with the paycheck, many people will start paying attention to
> the nerd who is trying to teach them how to stop looking foolish.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, our tech coordinator likes to
mention how many degrees and pieces of paper she has.   She's also
real big on tying pay increases to increases in test scores when
negations come around.  Her first question when approached with a new
IT project is "Exactly what does Apple Corporation sell that I can
purchase that may meet some aspect of this new need.".

My idea was to start charging $130 per seat off of a K12LTSP server.
<sarcasm>Then it has to be good, right?</sarcasm>