[K12OSN] OT: OSS in Education and Linux Expo this weekend in LA

Tim Frichtel tfrichtel at socal.rr.com
Tue Feb 5 08:25:28 UTC 2008

If you are going to be in Los Angeles this weekend, we'd love to see you
at the Southern California Linux Expo.

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/

This is the 6th year for this all-volunteer run OSS show.  This year
we're adding a day of Education related presentations on Friday.

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale6x/conference-info/open-source-software-in-education/

One of our speakers will cover LTSP/Edubuntu.

We'll be using K12LTSP to power part of our "Try It Lab" where expo
attendees can attend informal classes on Inkscape, GIMP, OO.org, and more.

Students and Teachers (with ID) get a 50% discount by entering "EDU08"
or "STDNT" respectively.
https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/reg6/

Tim Frichtel