Re: [K12OSN] EL5 K12LTSP

On Feb 8, 2008 10:17 AM, Doug Simpson <simpsond leopards k12 ar us> wrote:
> I do not want to use the laptop as a thin client. . . I want to demo the K12LTSP EL5 *server* on it.

I would suggest checking your notebook's compatibility with booting
from a USB device, ie. external dvd.
Or use PXE as stated, although USB dvd is much easier and less time
consuming for only one machine.

As for installing on a different system and then swapping drives, just
make sure you are using a similar enough machine(same architecture
mainly).

--
Dan Maranville