[K12OSN] Inexpensive Thin Client for Testing

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Feb 8 17:55:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 09:47:00 -0600 (CST), Tim Nelson wrote
> Hello! I'm about to start testing a small K12LTSP installation and need a few
> thin clients for testing. I've been leaning towards the Neoware units that can
> be found cheaply on eBay. Are there certain models that are advisable over the
> others? Are the Neoware units usable? I appreciate any recommendations you can
> give. Thank you!
>
> --Tim

I have been very happy with the DevonIT 6020p clients.  We have 108 here and you can buy
them for $139 each with an 800Mhz processor and 128MB RAM.  So they are brand new,
relatively low cost, work out of the box, and have good processor speeds if you want to
try and run some local apps in the future.

Jim