[K12OSN] Inexpensive Thin Client for Testing

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Feb 8 18:10:28 UTC 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:54:19 -0500, Joe Makoid wrote
> Tim,
>
> I am the presdident of devon it we make these devices we have them as low as
> $139   We have many schools around the world that use them  Julie Byrnes can
> help you out.
>
> There are other suppliers like Wyse and HP etc.  They are all good products,
> we keep the cost low for schools
>
> Joe Makoid

Funny, your post makes mine look like a paid advertisement.  Really though, without any
prompting from DevonIT, I have been very happy with these clients.  We run ours in
1280x1024.  The only complaint I have is that when run in the higher resolution there
can be some funny graphics around the mouse cursor and in the upper right hand corner at
times.  But if run at 1024x768 there are absolutely no problems.  For us, I think the
larger resolution is worth the goofy graphics here and there.

Jim