Re: [K12OSN] Making Centos 5.1-i386 K12LTSP compliant

I haven't yet tried this, so YMMV.  Standard liability disclaimers apply, so try this on a test box first.  Any ol' box with CentOS 5 on it ought to do.

Make the file /etc/yum.repos.d/k12ltsp.repo,  and put the following in it:

---------- CUT HERE ------------
k12ltsp]
name=K12LTSP
mirrorlist=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/mirrors/k12ltsp-4.2EL-32bit
gpgkey=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP-GPG-KEY
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

---------- CUT HERE ------------

Permissions on this file are 644 on my system, with owner root:root.  Of course, 664 would be fine as well.  My intuition says that even 600 should be fine.

Then, try "yum update" and see how things go.  This is the same process for adding the RPMForge repositories on CentOS 5, and thus, I'd figure the same would apply to any other "3rd-party" repository like the K12LTSP one.

--TP
_______________________________
Do you GNU?

Alan Hodson wrote:
Greetings
For more organized and better searchers than myself, where do I find info (or how do i go about) making a Centos 5.1-i386 install into a K12LTSP server? I am prepared to install K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit from CDs, but seems there is a yum or rpm solution to this... I am trying not to destroy a creative impulse of one of my colleagues...
Thanks for the pointers
Alan Hodson
El Paso ISD - TX
links.episd.org
-=o=-

Alan A Hodson MEd.
oF: 915-887-6871
fX: 915-779-4100
aahodson episd org
http://links.episd.org/
http://tinyurl.com/3e4sh8

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away
-=o=-