Re: [K12OSN] Making Centos 5.1-i386 K12LTSP compliant

Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote:

I haven't yet tried this, so YMMV. Standard liability disclaimers apply, so try this on a test box first. Any ol' box with CentOS 5 on it ought to do.

Make the file /etc/yum.repos.d/k12ltsp.repo, and put the following in it:

---------- CUT HERE ------------
k12ltsp]
name=K12LTSP
mirrorlist=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/mirrors/k12ltsp-4.2EL-32bit
gpgkey=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP-GPG-KEY
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

Permissions on this file are 644 on my system, with owner root:root. Of course, 664 would be fine as well. My intuition says that even 600 should be fine.

Then, try "yum update" and see how things go. This is the same process for adding the RPMForge repositories on CentOS 5, and thus, I'd figure the same would apply to any other "3rd-party" repository like the K12LTSP one.

The 'yum update' should work, as all CentOS 5 packages are also in the K12LTSP 5EL repo, but it won't get you any LTSP bits. You probably neeed a bunch of packages with ltsp in the name, but I don't know if that should get you a working LTSP setup.

Nils Breunese.