Re: [K12OSN] Disk image

Edward Holcroft wrote:
I created an image of my old wiki server using Clonezilla, which also ssh'd the image onto another server. Now I want to restore the image to my new server. Problem is the image was created as /dev/hda and the new server is /dev/sda. Clonezilla doesn't provide an obvious way of changing the device name in the interface.

Any ideas on how to tackle this?

I think if you look in the directory where clonezilla stored the image you'll find a file with the device name in an obvious form - or you can hand-create the partitions and tell clonezilla to restore partitions instead of the disk. However, the bigger problem is that to boot from a scsi disk you need the appropriate driver module included in your initrd image. There are ways to do this, but it might be easier to do a clean install and copy the content you need to keep over.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com