Re: [K12OSN] Network unreachable.

Accessys smart net wrote:
had to shut my system down yesterday and when I rebooted everything
was working fine except accessing the network.

keep getting the error code

SIOCADDRT: network is unreachable

I can ping my cards and the blinking lights on the router appear to be
correct. so what is this' I thought I had seen every error code
possible but then another.  it really has me stumped, tried I think
all the standard fixes and am getting nowhere fast.

If your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth? files don't have the right HWADDR to match your NIC cards (for example if you cloned a disk from a different machine or swapped cards after setup), the system can detect them in the wrong order and even use interfaces you had not set up. The 'mii-tool' command will show which interfaces have link active . If you can't ping your router, try checking one cable at at time to make sure you have link on the right interface name and that ifconfig shows that it has the expected IP address.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com