Re: [K12OSN] Apache2 and index.php or index.html

Doug Simpson wrote:

Hi gang!

On a debian install, apache2, I cannot get it to display index.html or index.php when they are in documentroot. Only when they are in a directory called /var/www/apache2-default.

If I have them in /var/www which is the document root, they will not display using http://sitename/ but they will display if you enter http://sitename/index.html or index.php.

Where can I go look  for the setting to fix this?

Apache2 is far different from 1 as far as configuration!

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryindex

(This worked the same under Apache 1.3 by the way: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_dir.html )

Nils Breunese.