Re: [K12OSN] OT: history

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Hoover Chan <chan sacredsf org> wrote:
> Do any of you old timers still remember how to program in assembler? How about toggle switches to load a paper tape loader? <grin>

Toggle switches: check (loaded OS from tape, not paper)
Assembler: check (Z-80, 6809, 68000)

I remember being thrilled that since my first TRS-80 was a used one, I
paid as much for a 16K machine ($400) as I would have for a new 4K one
(new 16K Level One Basic systems were $600.

So ... 12K difference for $200. And now DDR2 is around $25/gigabyte.

It's memories like that which remind me of Weird Al's "When I Was Your
Age", as well as Monty Python's "Four Yorkshiremen".

Calvin