[K12OSN] Apache2 and index.php or index.html

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Sat Feb 16 19:34:05 UTC 2008

Doug Simpson wrote:

> Well, you guys are the best, and I figured apache2 was apache2 no
> matter the distro. . .

When it comes to Apache I'm afraid we're not the best as Apache is not
something you necessarily use when running an LTSP server. And Apache
2 is not Apache 2 no matter what the distro. Debian uses /etc/apache2
for configuration, Red Hat uses /etc/httpd, Apache on Debian runs as
www-data, Apache on Red Hat runs as apache, etc. The configuration
directives are the same though of course. Maybe http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/
  can help you out better or otherwise an apache-related mailinglist
or forum.

Nils Breunese.