re: [K12OSN] OT: what do you use to schedule you schools bells

Message: 6
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:52:57 -0600
From: Timothy C Litwiller <tim litwiller net>
Subject: [K12OSN] OT:  what do you use to schedule you schools bells
To: k12osn redhat com

I need to find something "free" or very low cost to run the bells at our 28 student private school. I think I have found a relay switch that I can control with usb and wire into the bell circuit along with the the push button.

But I need some software that the teachers can use to schedule. I can setup the default - but some times things get changed around for a few days and I don't want to have to be there for every change.

Tim,

I looked at the same thing a few years ago and ended up buying a dedicated clock unit that was designed to trigger bells. It seemed a lot simpler than something I put together that involved running a computer.

Here is one example of several that American Time and Signal sells: http://www.atsclock.com/catalog?action=gotoProductDetails&id=274
And here another from Lathem Time: http://www.lathem.com/sona.shtml

When I did this, I was able to find a unit on ebay for a reasonable price.

Good Luck!
Sam