[K12OSN] OT: Break-In report

Michael Blinn mblinn at peopleplaces.org
Wed Jan 2 14:24:09 UTC 2008

  Not true. I use and recommend the package 'denyhosts' - Nice little
python script that daemonizes to periodically check /var/log/secure,
adding IPs from brute-force attackers to /etc/hosts.deny, then emails me
its actions. You can also set an auto-expire time for those blocks. I
love it.
 -Michael

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message, and any attachments that may accompany it, contain information that is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the recipient of this message is not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or other use of this communication or any of the information, which it contains is unauthorized and prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the original sender by return mail and delete this message, along with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.