[K12OSN] lts.conf syncing question

Julius Szelagiewicz julius at turtle.com
Fri Jan 4 20:41:00 UTC 2008

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, Shawn Powers wrote:

> I am trying to keep the lts.conf file between my two LTSP servers in
> sync, and I'd love to just rsync them -- but the SERVER = ip.add.ress
> line is obviously different...   Anyone have any ideas on how to
> remedy that?  Or possibly keep the workstation specific stuff in a
> separate file, and include that file into the lts.conf file?
>
> Maybe I could create a bash script that rsyncs and then somehow awk's
> the server line back to where it's supposed to be?  Thoughts?

Shawn,
	there is a trivial way to achieve the synching:
make sure that your lts.conf file uses a name instead of numerical ip,
say, "mylts".
add "mylts" with appropriate address to the /etc/hosts files on each
server.
now the lts.conf files can be synched and yet refer to different addresses
on different servers.

julius