[K12OSN] OT: Reverse proxy for internal websites

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 14:56:36 UTC 2008

This query is rather off-topic, but perhaps someone on the list has
implemented it.

I want to be able to serve several different internal websites via
http and https but only have one redirect at the router for ports 80
and 443 to an internal system.  I can run squid or apache2 or both on
that internal system.  What I had in mind was setting up this internal
system to redirect the external requests to the appropriate internal
servers based on the hostnames. The internal network uses a 10.
address space if that makes a difference.  Both squid and apache2 can
be set up for reverse proxying.  Has anyone on the list implemented
this and is there a preference for which one to use?

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School
Newark Delaware