[K12OSN] Ongoing printing problems k12ltsp V8

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Mon Jan 14 14:49:54 UTC 2008

I have the problem with K12LTSP 6.0.0 as well, but I think it's after
a printer is "out of paper" for a significant amount of time, CUPS
will take it offline.  I haven't found an option to remedy that, and
must log into the CUPS web interface and "start" printers a few times
a week.  I think it's training my folks to keep paper in their
printers, but it is a pain for me. :)

Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed that will stop CUPS
from taking unreachable or unprintable printers offline?

Sorry I can't be any help,
-Shawn