[K12OSN] Looking for wisdom of the masses

Alan Hodson aahodson at episd.org
Thu Jan 31 19:33:02 UTC 2008

Salutations

At a school where I just installed a new server (Centos5-64B AMD Dell) for 30 thin clients, teachers are wanting to log into the system from their own laptops. The district is behind a firewall and the server's eth1 has a static IP: 10.x.x.x - what is the easiest way of allowing them to log in as thin clients from areas away from the lab? VLans are not viable, and their laptops are running XP. I should be able to burn a cd with enough info/resources for them to log in, no? DSL?
All suggestions welcomed

Alan Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX
-=o=-

Alan A Hodson MEd.
oF: 915-887-6871
fX: 915-779-4100
aahodson at episd.org
http://links.episd.org/
http://tinyurl.com/3e4sh8

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away
-=o=-