Re: [K12OSN] interoperability question

Bob H. wrote:

First a little background is in order to clarify what I'd like to do here. I have an existing Windows 2003 AD domain, approx 400 workstations, users set up with home directories that are assigned through active directory instead of a login script. I have been given the go-ahead to prototype a K12 LTSP setup for use in our library. I downloaded and installed Version 6.

You realize that K12LTSP 6 is based on Fedora Core 6 and that Fedora Core 6 is no longer supported by the Fedora Project? This means no security fixes will be released for this distribution. If you're looking for a long-term solution I advise you to try out K12LTSP 5EL instead, which is based on CentOS 5, which in turn is a rebuild of RHEL 5. RHEL/CentOS 5 was released last year and gets 7 years of security updates.

So far everything is going as planned; authentication of users is done through active directory, so I have a single sign on for users on either system, which is great. What I would like to accomplish, if possible, is to have the users home directory on the windows server mounted as their home directory when they log in on the K12 LTSP system in the library. That way anything that they save while on K12 LTSP would be accessible to them when they login elsewhere in the building on a Win XP machine. Can this be done, and if so, how? If there is a how-to out there that I missed by all means throw it my way...any and all comments are appreciated.

I can't help you with this, but I'm sure there are people on this list who can. Have you checked the K12LTSP and LTSP wiki's?

Nils Breunese.