Re: [K12OSN] interoperability question

You should go for K12LTSP 5EL, based on the new CentOS 5.  Fedora 6 is no longer supported, as of December 2007.

Fedora Core 6 End of Life
From: Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com>
To: fedora-announce-list redhat com
Subject: Fedora Core 6 End of Life
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:54:49 -0400

A reminder to users: Fedora Core 6 will reach its end of life for updates on
Friday, December 7, 2007.

Fedora 7 will remain supported until one month past the release of Fedora 9
(as things stand, this would be roughly through the end of May, 2008).

- The Fedora Board

--TP
Do you GNU?

pstech insightbb com wrote:
Hi all,
First a little background is in order to clarify what I'd like to do here. I have an existing Windows 2003 AD domain, approx 400 workstations, users set up with home directories that are assigned through active directory instead of a login script. I have been given the go-ahead to prototype a K12 LTSP setup for use in our library. I downloaded and installed Version 6. So far everything is going as planned; authentication of users is done through active directory, so I have a single sign on for users on either system, which is great. What I would like to accomplish, if possible, is to have the users home directory on the windows server mounted as their home directory when they log in on the K12 LTSP system in the library. That way anything that they save while on K12 LTSP would be accessible to them when they login elsewhere in the building on a Win XP machine. Can this be done, and if so, how? If there is a how-to out there that I missed by all means throw it my way...any and all comments are appreciated.
Thanks to all,
Bob H.