Re: [K12OSN] OT: Break-In report

Craig White wrote:

Michael Blinn wrote:

 Not true. I use and recommend the package 'denyhosts' - Nice little
python script that daemonizes to periodically check /var/log/secure,
adding IPs from brute-force attackers to /etc/hosts.deny, then emails me
its actions. You can also set an auto-expire time for those blocks. I
love it.

Which distribution includes that package?

----
RHEL/CentOS (via rpmforge)

# rpm -q denyhosts
denyhosts-2.6-3.el5.rf

Fedora

base

Craig

Debian Etch definitely has denyhosts (I just checked mine), and I hear (though haven't yet verified) that Ubuntu Feisty and later also has it.  I'll check that out on my Feisty box when I get to work.  However, I do have a Dapper box handy, so I just now verified that Dapper does *not* have it, at least on PowerPC (fail2ban is there, though, so we still win).

If your distro doesn't have it in the repositories, then just go here:

  http://denyhosts.sourceforge.net/

--TP
Do you GNU?