Re: [K12OSN] Update Failure

James P. Kinney III wrote:

This is a failure of the packager not your access. There is a file that
both packages "share" and one package is trying to update the other's
file. That is a no-no!

I recommend NOT using sos and to use sysreport instead as that really
_does_ contain the /usr/sbin/sysreport binary.

You can either exclude the sos package (yum -y --exclude=sos update) or remove the sos package (yum remove sos) or you can download manually and install manually with rpm (rpm -Uvh sysreport*.rpm sos*.rpm - this will
likely fail so a retry with "rpm -Uvh sysreport*.rpm ; rpm -Uvh
sos*.rpm" will split it up. If it _still_ fails you need to decide which package to keep. Read the info on each before the deletion with rpm - qpi sysreport*.rpm, - the flag -qpi means query package info from the listed
rpm file. leave off the "p" and the *.rpm to get the data from the
installed sysreport package. rpm -ql foo will show all files installed
by the package foo.)

The sos package obsoletes the sysreport package and has a symlink for / usr/sbin/sysreport pointing to /usr/sbin/sosreport. It is actually recommended to use the sos package and *not* use the sysreport package anymore. You should not have both sos and sysreport installed and running 'yum update' should have installed sos and removed the obsoleted sysreport.

If you're not to afraid to execute terminal commands as root, please check the output of 'rpm -q sos sysreport' and I'll see what we can do.

Nils Breunese.