Re: Where is K12LTSP EL5 isos - Re: [K12OSN] Heads up: CentOS 5.1 released

Top posting but.....

I built a repo with the 5.0.1 files I was pointed to. First install attempt failed, the permissions on the Directories was 700 instead of 755. Once I fixed the permissions problems I got on with the install.

The system is calling me now to reboot after install. This should take me forward and then I will change the CentosBase.repo file to point to my local Centos 5.1 repo and do the upgrade.

Actually what would be nice is.... Naw. We can talk about it later. I got through it. But if you want I can give some general directions for making a el5 repo.

Rob Owens wrote:

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
James P. Kinney III wrote:
32-bit DVD is here:
ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/dvd/K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit-dvd.iso
32-bit CD's are here:
ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/iso
THANK YOU!!!!!

Now given that I have Centos 5 on a server and normally only need CD 1 then do a Linux askmethod and use HTTP,,,,

Are any of these 7 isos the same as the current Centos 5.1 (looks more like 5.0 given their dates of 6/25, oh well that is why I have a local repo!). Or do I need all 7 as unique from Centos CDs (I do havea set of Centos 5 CDs in my NOC, don't recall their build date).

You could probably install CentOS 5 using your local repos, then add the
K12LTSP repos and install all the packages in the K12LTSP, LTSP group:
dhcp-ltsp-config
k12ltsp-core
k12ltsp-release
k12ltsp-scripts
k12ltsp-utils
ltsp_config

I've attached a tarball of my yum.repos.d directory.

I'm sure there's some way of utilizing your local CentOS repos for
updates, but I don't know enough about the structure and contents of the
K12LTSP repositories to help you with that.

-Rob