Re: [K12OSN] whitelist sites in lab

White listing, filtering and caching/proxy can be done with Squid and SquidGuard. I haven't done it with K12LTSP, but I run it at home. You just have to make sure that you block any potential outgoing http requests so your kids don't run a proxy out past your filters.

Todd O'Bryan wrote:
I've decided that it's far easier to just whitelist the fairly short
list of sites I want my students to be able to go to inside my lab
than to try to thwart their attempts to get around the school
filtering software. I teach computer programming, so I don't need them
to be able to get to sites for research (and, in fact, it'd be nice to
be able to say, "Sorry, my lab won't let you go to that site to do
your research for Spanish class." when kids ask if they can use one of
my computers because the library's closed).

What's the most painless way to do this? Can I just put a list of
allowed sites somewhere and have the server only go to those sites
somehow?

Thanks,
Todd