Re: [K12OSN] OT - Disk Imaging/Cloning

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 22:38 -0700, rmcdaniel indata us wrote:
> Not too long ago someone posted a link to a disk imaging/cloning app
> that they just developed and released under GPL.

<snip>

I found this, posted here last September:

This post may be off topic for this mailing list, but I hope this may be
able to help some people.

I have created another open-source project that is called FOG, which
stands for Free, Open-source Ghost.

It is a computer imaging solution for Windows XP machines with a single
partition (and Vista soon).  It uses PXE to boot the computers and image
them with a small Linux OS, no floppy disks, bootable CDs or USB drives
needed.  It is all managed via a web interface and is very easy to use
and setup.  It even includes a Windows service to change the Windows
host name after imaging.  It allows users to image whole groups of
computers, like a floor or computer lab and a whole bunch of other
features.  The server runs on Fedora 7 and comes with a installation
wizard.

If you want to check it out it is completely open-source and free!

http://www.sf.net/projects/freeghost

Sorry again for posting off topic.

Thanks,
Chuck Syperski