Re: [K12OSN] remasterizable live-cds

Nice, I already found a wiki page on remasterization in ubuntu which didn't mention remastersys. I guess I'll go either of those two ways since ubuntu is a very easy to use distro.
Thanks for the tip

On Jan 9, 2008 11:51 PM, <ssh tranquility net> wrote:
On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 23:10 -0500, Javier Tibau wrote:
> Hello,
> I need to make a live-cd with some chosen educational packages (most
> important squeak) and was wondering if anybody knew of a good and easy
> distro that has some tools for remastering a live-cd. I'm of course
> researching the many posibilities out there but if there are
> suggestions from someone who has tackled this problem recently it
> would be nice. I don't consider myself a true linux master (wink) but
> at the very least I think I'm a power user and like challenges (modest
> this time cause I'm in a hurry).
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> --
> Javier Tibau

I have remastered several distros, varying from manually chrooting
everything and running mkisofs to the much easier remastersys script.
Remastersys works on Linux Mint and Ubuntu variants. You just need to
add a repo to the installed distro (and VMware plays well with it),
add/remove apps and then run the remastersys script.