[K12OSN] Moving HOME directories

ahodson at elp.rr.com ahodson at elp.rr.com
Fri Jan 11 18:30:55 UTC 2008

Happy New Year list

One of my Xmas presents (I wish) a 1435 PowerEdge Dell (64AMD) server for a local elementary school just arrived, and I need to move all the student directories with their configurations from the old server. I've transfered file content before, but the lab assistant has spent many days tweaking each student's home with apps and I hate to have to tell her "please do it over". The new server is running the 5.0 OEL 64Bit version of Centos - the old one runs just plain Centos. What is the best way of accomplishing something like this?