[K12OSN] State of K12LTSP?

Eric Harrison eharrison at mesd.k12.or.us
Sat Jan 12 06:01:36 UTC 2008

On 1/11/08, Kemp, Levi <lnkemp at bolivar.k12.mo.us> wrote:
> Is there any sort of TODO list on the WIKI? Something that might help
> other people help you? We all know you do so much, but many of us
> probably don't know what that is. I know I'd be willing to help if I
> could.
>
> Levi

The main problem is that a TODO list is only useful once the base code
has been written and is generally useful.

We *will*  (unless we don't, of course ;-) have 90% of the code
written by the end of the day tomorrow and have it in a generally
useful state. Once that is achieved, we will post a TODO list.

But, as the saying goes, in software 90% of the work is that last 10%
of code ;-)

Only a very small percentage of developers appear to be able generate
that first 90% of code...   you need to know both 1) all of the
ins-and-outs of how a distribution is put together and 2) the LTSP
requirements (http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/Ltsp5MinimumRequirements).
 What I've been working on is helping more people who know problem set
#1 to know and understand problem set #2.

So once we cross over this major mountain, all that needs to be done
is the remaining 90% of the work!  (which sounds really dark and
cynical until you account for the fact that there are 1000's times
more people capable of doing that last 90% of work than there are who
can do the first 10% of highly-specialized work...).

-Eric