Re: [K12OSN] OT: Reverse proxy for internal websites

David Hopkins wrote:
Hmmmm .... evidently I still didn't 'say enough' ... This doesn't seem
to work either :(

More words than absolutely needed, but rather frustrated at this point.

I am using SSL and trying to get the reverse proxy to work with SSL as
well.  I have apache running on CentOS, and trying to talk to the
IIS/Exchange server.  Now, apache loads the ssl.conf file from conf.d
so I have tried using <VirtualHost> entries both in that file and in
the main httpd.conf but haven't seen a difference.

You can't do named virtual hosts for https (proxied or not) because the Host: header needed to identify the named site will be encrypted and you need to know the host to use the right certificate to match up. You'll always hit the default host regardless of the name passed. You can do it with IP or port based virtual hosts - but then you might as well port-forward.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com