Re: [K12OSN] Ongoing printing problems k12ltsp V8

norbert wrote:

Help with this is greatly appreciated.

1) OS K12ltsp V8 (fresh install not an upgrade)

AFAIK there is no such thing as K12LTSP version 8 yet. Are you sure this is what you installed? If so, where did you get this?

2) Server P-IV 2.67 GHz
 2 Gb mem
3) Printer HP Laserjet 2200 with an allocated static IP address
3) In LTS.conf printer is defined

Problem: printer randomly goes off-line, be it after printing or being idle

Action: created a sudo account for system admin, (not root) to issue a cups up cmd - no result as the cmd is ignored unless issued by "root" created cron jobs for both root and admin to turn on the printer every 1 minuter, althought the cron jobs seem to run the printer still goes off-line.

I'm sorry, I can't help you with this one.

Yelling won't be the answer though.

Nils Breunese.