Re: [K12OSN] Ongoing printing problems k12ltsp V8

I've had this problem from time to time. I edit /etc/cups/printers.conf and reset the printer that has the state "Stopped" and restart cups. It hasn't affected me enough yet to add a cron job to copy/create a generic printers.conf file using a cron job, but it could be done very easily.

Shawn Powers wrote:
I have the problem with K12LTSP 6.0.0 as well, but I think it's after a printer is "out of paper" for a significant amount of time, CUPS will take it offline. I haven't found an option to remedy that, and must log into the CUPS web interface and "start" printers a few times a week. I think it's training my folks to keep paper in their printers, but it is a pain for me. :)

Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed that will stop CUPS from taking unreachable or unprintable printers offline?

Sorry I can't be any help,
-Shawn