[K12OSN] GUI editor file permissions

jones yeates jones_yeates at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 17:39:33 UTC 2008

I checked the .bash_profile and the .bashrc files in some of the students' directories and they all referred to /etc/bashrc and that's where the umask of 002 is set.

I tested out 2 student accounts that were having problems today and the file permissions are 664 now, on files created using Anjuta and 644 using bluefish.

I am not sure why it changed.  When I tried it today, it was the only user that was saving a php file on the server.  I don't think that would make a difference, but you never know.

Not sure why the file permissions vary from day to day.  Yet, still the file permissions aren't 775 which is what I would expect if the umask is 002 for that user.