Re: [K12OSN] Users' Maildir directories

I briefly looked into this on a Debian system I was playing around with. It uses exim4 instead of postfix. I couldn't find a setting in exim4 to allow a different location for the Maildir folder, but I'm a novice in that area so I might have missed it. So first make sure that Postfix will let you specify an alternate location, and then consider whether the user's mail should go in their home directory at all. Maybe it should be put in /var/mail or some other location where it's less likely to be deleted--that was my goal.

-Rob

Michael Blinn wrote:
I've had an issue with users trying to "clean out" their home directories and they inadvertantly remove postfix/dovecot's Maildir directory containing all their email. Does anyone know of any downsides to changing this to .Maildir to prevent this from happening in the future? Or perhaps are there other methods of fixing the problem?
Cheers,
  -Michael