Re: [K12OSN] Users' Maildir directories

Thanks Rob - I'm already sure postfix and dovecot _can_ it, and procmail certainly can filter my spam into a Junk folder no matter the location. I'm just wondering if there are downsides before I make the switch, or alternatives. I suppose putting email in /var would work also.
Cheers,
-Michael

Rob Owens wrote:
I briefly looked into this on a Debian system I was playing around with. It uses exim4 instead of postfix. I couldn't find a setting in exim4 to allow a different location for the Maildir folder, but I'm a novice in that area so I might have missed it. So first make sure that Postfix will let you specify an alternate location, and then consider whether the user's mail should go in their home directory at all. Maybe it should be put in /var/mail or some other location where it's less likely to be deleted--that was my goal.

-Rob