Re: [K12OSN] CentOS5 64bit & Flash 9

I'm facing the same dilemma: I've got a client installation to do this weekend and I'm vacillating between versions 6 and 5-EL. Support for version 6 from the Fedora project has run out; OTOH, I've not been able to get Flash 9 sound working on version 5-EL. Sound isn't listed as a requirement, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changes. The site is temporary, lasting only a year, so I'm leaning toward version 6 because I know it works.

Peter

ahodson elp rr com wrote:
Hi friends

Two schools I support now have CentOS 5 (64bit) and the only way I've been able to work sound via through the Thin Clients (NICE Symbio units) is by running Flash 7. Now, several of the sites the district is promoting apparently only run if Flash 9 is installed. I kind of remember some information on audio codecs not being updated, but don't know for sure.

My question is directed at those gurus and users that are perhaps facing the same dilemma: the thin clients deliver sound or web based Flash 9 streams - What needs to be done to activate both?

Thanks for the help

Alan Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX
http://tinyurl.com/3e4sh8