Re: [K12OSN] CentOS5 64bit & Flash 9

On Jan 23, 2008 4:46 PM, Peter Scheie <peter scheie homedns org> wrote:
> I'm facing the same dilemma: I've got a client installation to do this weekend
> and I'm vacillating between versions 6 and 5-EL.  Support for version 6 from the
> Fedora project has run out; OTOH, I've not been able to get Flash 9 sound
> working on version 5-EL.  Sound isn't listed as a requirement, but I wouldn't be
> surprised if that changes.  The site is temporary, lasting only a year, so I'm
> leaning toward version 6 because I know it works.

Opera's new 9.5 version has a 64bit version that supports flash 9.
It's still in beta and I think still has a few bugs but it's nice to
know this is coming. Read the comments about each release at the
bottom. They usually have some info as to how flash support is doing.

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog

Also Opera doesn't have the X pixmap memory issue on the client.
--
Robert Arkiletian