[K12OSN] Need help integrating LTSP Server into school network

I am, a high schooler, completely new to K12LTSP and haven't learned much linux, and I am trying to get LTSP 6.0.0. to work in my school for my IT project...

I've gotten the LTSP to work by following the installation guide, but it has trouble getting on the Internet. I am not directly connecting to the Internet, instead I have to connect through my school's network that has a DHCP server and DNS Service (the rest of the school network runs windows machines).

The IT Technician told me that I would need to buy a DSL connection so that the LTSP server is separate from the school's local network to prevent collisions in the services (presumably the DHCP and DNS).

Is there anything that can be done about this problem without resorting to buying another internet connection? Also, what should I check before I plug the LTSP server into the network to prevent anything catastrophic from happening (like disabling the school network)?

Is there any other detail that is needed?

Thanks in Advance
Devry Lin