[K12OSN] keyboard issue

Vi Thai vthai61 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 18:02:11 UTC 2008

Hi everyone.  We are running k12ltsp with Fedora and I have had a few
thin clients that boot to the login screen but when I go to type in
the user name it will type in each letter three or four at a time.
For example, whenever I type in t it will come out tttt.  It took a
little while but I was able to login after going back and deleting the
extra letters.  When I did enter my account I noticed that the mouse
was not working normally either. When I click on a menu I would have
to hold down the mouse button in order for the menu to continue to
display.  As soon as I unclick the mouse, the menu would disappear.  I
always thought that whenever I had a keyboard issue like above, it was
because of a bad port, but I didn't know for sure.  I've put in both
USB and ps/2 keyboards and they both do the same thing.  Anyone have
similar issues?  Is this a hardware issue?  Thanks,

Vi