Re: [K12OSN] VMware server on Ubuntu 6.06 - bdb equality candidates: (uniqueMember) index param failed

Hello David,

David H. Barr schrieb:
On Jan 30, 2008 3:12 AM,  <ml bortal de> wrote:

the smbldap installer installs just fine on my ubuntu 6.06 box.
Although the vmware server does not work properly. I need to press start
twice (after a looong timeout) until a virtual machine starts.
If i comment out ldap in nsswitch.conf it works like a charm.

vmWare always wants to run some things as "root" -- try the following from BASH:
  sudo su
  passwd

This assigns the root user a password in Ubuntu 6.06, and may help you
with your vmWare startup times / error message.

I did that, but unfortunatelly it did not solve my issue. I am still getting those errors.
Any further ideas?

Thanks, Mario
HTH,
-dhbarr.