Re: [K12OSN] Help require

On 31/01/2008, Kannan Krishnamurthy <kannan linuxadmin gmail com> wrote:
> Iam new to linux. In my work place i have installed RHEL 5.0. I want to
> install and configure thin clients for the same.

RHEL5 should work just fine. It would have been better if you
downloaded and installed k12ltsp-EL version which is based on CentOS
which in turn is based on RHEL5.

Now it would be better for you to install ltsp4.x from ltsp.org site
rather than mix up with k12ltsp.

> My hardware configuration.
>
> Dell SC430 server.
> 1) Intel Dual core 2.0 Ghz 2 MB Cache
> 2) 512 MB DDR RAM
> 3) 250 GB * 2 SATA HDD.
> 4) DVD ROM
> 5) NIC Gigabit * 2

You will need more RAM go for as much as you can. With 512 you can run
proof of concept with one / two thin clients.
--
Regards,
Sudev Barar