Re: [K12OSN] Help require

Kannan Krishnamurthy wrote:
Hi,

Iam new to linux. In my work place i have installed RHEL 5.0. I want to
install and configure thin clients for the same.

I would like to know what are all i required.

My hardware configuration.

Dell SC430 server.
1) Intel Dual core 2.0 Ghz 2 MB Cache
2) 512 MB DDR RAM
3) 250 GB * 2 SATA HDD.
4) DVD ROM
5) NIC Gigabit * 2

Can any one help me.

Are you starting with a standard Centos? If so, I'd recommend starting over with one of the 5-EL versions from here:
http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/DownLoad
which is Centos plus what you need to boot thin clients (and some other extra stuff).

The default install sets up eth1 as the 'outside' network and expects the clients only on a separate private network on eth0. You'll have to make a few changes and coordinate how DCHP is supposed to work if you want a flat LAN on a single NIC.

There's quite a bit of information on the wiki at http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com