[K12OSN] OT: Using multiple DSL connections

Olivier Mugnier olivier.mugnier at laposte.net
Thu Jan 31 21:45:52 UTC 2008

I have a talk here in France with many provider...
They all recommend to use 2 ADSL, one for phone/voice and the other for data
That is because local ISP doesn't do any QOS... so when they have to drop
packet, they start to do it on heavily charged line...
No matter about the type of traffic !

As for voice, losing packet can significantly degrade phone conversation,
they all push them to take an over line and keep it very uncharged to make
sure to don't have
any packet drop as well as to have low delay (ping)....

You must remenber that load balancing need to keep the same conversation
on the same phone....
And if you want to switch, Asterisk can be server part open solution...