[K12OSN] Samba/LDAP Installer docs down

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 13:55:20 UTC 2008

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> John Lucas wrote:
>> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>> Re-opened this effort, yet again, now that Centos 5.2 is out and I
>>> bought a few new drives...
>>>
>>> http://www.vcsvikings.org/docuwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/  gives:
>>>
>>> The connection has timed out
>>>
>>> The server at www.vcsvikings.org is taking too long to respond.
>>>

>>> ======================
>>>
>>> Can someone point me to a working site for the docs?
>>>

>> No, I don't have those docs, but I have some of my own that work for
>> CentOS 5.1 and 5.0:
>>
>>     http://fossvi.googlepages.com/centos-5.x-smbldap-fix
> Thanks for this pointer.  I want to point out some problems I have had
> so far....
>
> First was this written for installer 4.0 (current) or 3.1?  As 4.0 came
> out in April.

It was likely v3.1, it was current when I wrote it up. I'm not at home
right now so I can't check.

> For system dependencies you say:
>
> pre-install all package dependencies (may use smbldap-prep.sh)
>

> I cannot find any such script.  Not in installer 4.0 or even 3.1.

That script is not part of the installer, it is a one-liner I wrote and
there is now a link to it in the text of the web page. Basically you
prepend  "yum install" to the list of dependencies.

                         - Mark Twain

| John Lucas            MrJohnLucas at gmail.com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802  http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W          AST (UTC-4)                         |